Skillshare International's vision is of a world without
poverty, injustice and inequality where people, regardless
of cultural, social and political divides, come together for
mutual benefit, living in peaceful co-existence.
Skillshare International works to reduce poverty,
injustice and inequality and to further economic and social
development in partnership with people and communities throughout
the world. We do this by sharing and developing skills and
ideas, facilitating organisational and social change and building
awareness of development issues.
- Self determination: We value the right of people
and communities to determine and develop their own future.
- Empowerment: We are committed to collective and
- Partnership: We believe that working in partnership
is central to effective economic, social and organisational
Skillshare International will:
- Respond and adapt to development challenges.
- Promote and protect the rights of disadvantaged communities.
- Support our partners to engage in policy development and
debates in line with our shared vision and values.
- Run increasingly effective programmes and continually
improve in all areas of our work.
What we do
Skillshare International aims to help organisations achieve
their vision through improving their performance and services.
We have a range of practical ways in which we assist organisations
to develop and grow.
- the placement of international development workers with
our partner organisations
- financial resource development, such as building the capacity
of programme funding
- the Leadership Development Programme (LDP) - an initiative
designed to develop the strategic leadership skills of Skillshare
International's partner organisations
Find out more about our funders and our projects in Africa, Asia and Europe.
Annual reports and accounts
Click on the links below to view our financial statements
This page was last updated on 1st November 2007